“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
For centuries, people have used a wide variety of plants to treat all types of illnesses. In fact, you may be surprised to learn that there are a large number of therapeutic plants and herbs available that you can use to treat everything from headaches to infections.
Many people are looking for alternatives to the chemical laden world of prescription drugs and finding option more natural and safer ways to treat aliments.
Plants with benefits
- Ginger juiced can balance digestive process.
- Improves the nutrients absorption in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of ginger can cure joint pain.
- Ginger could keep away nausea and cure upset stomachs.
- Help to fight against cancer, diabetics and asthma.
- Lavender oil can keep away dandruff and can cool down your scalp.
- Help to get relief from dryness, itching and swelling of skin.
- One the best anti depressants
- A compress with lavender gives relief for sun burn and headache.
- Provide prevention for airborne viruses.
- Has a relaxing and calming affect. Great for pre-bed time.
- Provide better protection against cancer infections.
- Help to Improves your immunity.
- Balances the digestive system and improves nutrient absorption power in the body.
- Reduces blood pressure and reduce chances of cardiovascular problems.
- Prevention against allergies and improves iron metabolism.
- Quick relief from toothache
- Can detoxify your body.
- Improves digestive power of the body.
- Prevent fungus and keep away flu affection.
- Prevent blood clots and stimulate production of saliva.
- Improve your heart health.
- Quick relief from joint pain and migraine.
- Reduce the chance for cancer affection.
- Wounds and cuts
- Skin allergies
The intake of aloe vera juice can heal:
- Digestive problems and appetite
- Chronic constipation
- Ulcerative colitis
- Helps with Tiredness
- Can relieve Diarrhea
- Good for Dry coughs
- Helps with Poor digestion
- Helps in weight loss
- Assists Problematic urination
- Good for Diabetes
- Snake and Scorpio bites
- Full of fiber, minerals (lots of iron, calcium and magnesium)
- Vitamins (especially A and C, which are both immune-boosters), antioxidants and essential fatty acids.
- Also not to mention it has protein – 20% by calories!
- They all have a high level of sulforaphane – a really powerful cancer-fighting compound
- Full of other antioxidants.
- This is another species which will attract butterflies and other beneficial insects into the garden, and it’s a perennial that self seeds, so leave a few flower heads there to drop
- Helps in aiding digestion. Ever wondered what those seeds are you get after your meal at an Indian restaurant? Fennel!
- The seeds are also perfect for freshening the breath so keep a dish around the house and eat a small handful as you please.
- Full of antioxidants
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals, A, C & very high K and also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, zinc, potassium, selenium, manganese, folates, proteins, and dietary fiber.
- Detoxifying for the body
- Helps with managing cholesterol
- This is my go-to superfruit, I put them in my smoothie every morning.
- Good for brain function and memory.
- Several studies link high flavonoid levels in blueberries with a better memory, and regular consumption may help keep your brain functioning well as you age, new research suggests.
- Also rich in manganese, which plays an important role in your metabolism, which can help keep you slim and energized.
- This one tops the charts in healthy benefits!
- Can help clear up acne
- Help overcome type 2 Diabetes
- The absorption of sugar occurs due to the activation of AMP-activated protein kinase in the cells. Bitter gourd activates these kinases due to which the absorption of sugar increases and hence, aids in bringing diabetes under control.
- The antimicrobial and antioxidant properties of bitter gourd juice help to treat skin problems, blood disorders, clear toxins from the blood and purify it, and further improves blood circulation throughout the body.
- Helps in controlling the blood flow and clotting, causing wounds to heal faster, preventing further infections.
- Can also treat premature graying of hair. You can apply freshly squeezed bitter gourd juice on your Grey strands.
- Helps in treating skin diseases or skin infections, eczema and psoriasis.
- It helps reduce the bad cholesterol levels
- Usage: Caution
- Although being a very healthy drink, bitter gourd juice should only be consumed in small quantity everyday as this drink may cause nausea and abdominal pains if consumed in high amounts. Pregnant women should avoid drinking too much bitter gourd juice as it has properties to stimulate the uterus and thus can cause premature labor pains. Believed to be an ideal remedy for treating diabetes, this drink should however, be consumed on the doctor’s advice and directions by diabetic patients undergoing medication containing hypoglycemic drugs since the dosage of the medicine will need to be changed in accordance with consumption of bitter gourd juice.
There are many other herbs that have healing benefits. Here is a link to some medicinal herbs and flowers. https://www.rd.com/health/conditions/medicinal-herbs/
Always consult your physician before beginning any diet or eating program. This general information is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Consult with your healthcare professional to discuss the use and benefits of herbal medicines. If you experience any pain or discomfort with using these herbs or plants, stop and consult your healthcare provider.